Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glinda, the Good Bug

I'm going to try and finish cicada, the Click installer to install clickwiki.org (which, as of this post, just has a static html placeholder). To date, I've set them up with mkwiki, which is a bash script that sets up a site on my servers. cicada is a PHP installer that allows you to set up a site from scratch, setting the fundimental aspects (title of site, first siteadmin account, load a skeleton for the type of site, check directory permissions, etc). The benefit is that anybody who sets up a local copy will have a tool that provides a known good install. This also means that installation errors can be fixed on our end by updating the installer.

Worst case, if Friday evening rolls around and I don't finish, I'll just install using mkwiki.

Oh, and cicada was documented and speced out quite awhile ago, but amusingly is being finished as my office in Tennessee is surrounded by the noisy little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment